Women's Home Guard Auxiliary Plastic Economy Brooc
A circular brown plastic badge (42mm diameter), voided laurel wreath with the letters 'HG' in the centre with pin-back brooch on the reverse. Also the markings '1-A' and 'PROV.PAT.' and A. Stanley & Sons Walsall. Excellent undamaged condition.
From April 1943 onwards, women were officially employed by the Home Guard in non-combatant roles and were called 'Home Guard Auxiliaries'. They wore this badge from June 1943 onwards, pinned to the left side of a coat or dress, although it was sometimes used as a cap badge on unofficial headdress.
The badge can been seen in wear in the last image